Anbin Karangal is a young non-for-profit organization based in Canada that raises funds to provide necessities for widows, orphaned children, disabled and poor people as well as infrastructure for communities in Sri Lanka.
Within the past five years, this organization has been growing steadily with the help of our devoted believers. Its mission is to continue to assist the underprivileged families in Sri Lanka and also deserving charities in Canada.
Anbin Karangal is governed administratively by our constitution. The governing body of the Church Is as follows:
Board of AdministrationÂ – Chaired by an elected member, the Board is responsible for the general administration and Trustee functions of the Church. The elected members of the Board are responsible for the management of the finances, administration and property.
- To provide help, assistance, experience and training to underprivileged children and adults including the poor, orphans, single parents, drug addicts, sick and/or bed ridden, mentally handicapped, elderly, abused women and children and all those who are in need of help in Sri Lanka , irrespective of their race and creed.
- To provide medical, educational, financial, material, counseling, day-care and allÂ other services as thought necessary to the people who are considered underprivileged as described above.
- To provide financial assistance to build facilities for establishing churches in rural areas in Sri Lanka in theÂ North and East
THE STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in the one and only living and true God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, manifesting Himself in three Persons â€“ The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as inspired by God and inherent in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority of Christian Faith and life.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. All men are born with a sinful nature, and that no one can be saved but by His grace, by accepting Jesus Christ as oneâ€™s personal Lord & Saviour.
- We believe that God, out of His great love for the world, gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to be the Saviour, and brought Salvation to all mankind, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, yet without sin.
- We believe that Faith in Christ is a saving grace whereby we receive Him, trust in Him and rest upon Him alone for Salvation. This saving Faith is always accompanied by repentance and by forgiveness, wherein we confess and forsake our sins, and by Faith receive Him as our Saviour and Lord.
- We believe that Lord Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. He fulfilled all righteousness, offered himself a perfect sacrifice on the Cross, satisfied Divine justice and made propitiation for the sins of the whole world. On the third day he rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven, where he intercedes for us.
- We believe that there shall be resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust, through the power of the Son of God, who shall come to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who moves upon the hearts of men to restrain them from evil and to incite them unto good, and whom the Father is ever willing to give unto all who ask Him.
- We believe that the supreme and only head of the church is Lord Jesus Christ, who has appointed therein a ministry of the word and sacraments, and calls men and women to this ministry. We acknowledge two Sacraments, Baptism and Lordâ€™s Supper, which are instituted by Christ, to be of perpetual obligation as signs and seals of the covenant ratified in His precious blood.
- We believe in the evangelization of the world, that the supreme mission of the people of God is to preach the Gospel to every person.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The coming again of Jesus Christ is the Eternal Hope set before us.